With Governor Phil Scott’s ‘continual and gradual turning of the spigot’, he is now allowing healthcare providers in private practices to resume treatments! This is great news for the staff at Phoenix Physical Therapy as we are anxious to return to the work we love and to helping people like you over come the symptoms which led you to our practice in the first place.
So what does this re-opening mean to you?
- Employees, patients and necessary companions (no more than one person accompanying patient please and only if absolutely necessary) are required to wear a face mask. Bring your own mask. We only have enough Personal Protective Equipment to protect our staff and we will send patients away if not wearing required masks.
- We ask that all employees and patients that exhibit a fever, cough, or shortness of breath to not come to the office. A sign on the outside door reflects this: DO NOT ENTER If you suspect you have a fever . You will be refused entry and sent home with a plan for follow up to a physician for testing and a plan to reschedule an appointment with Phoenix PT. If you have encountered someone you know that has traveled out of state or knows to have been exposed to someone else with COVID-19, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment after self-quarantining for two weeks. All of these measures are to help keep everyone safe and protected against this virus! Our staff does their temperature checks daily upon arrival to the office.
- We are sanitizing our treatment rooms before and after each patient. You will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room but will go to your treatment room as soon as your temperature is taken. This will only occur after you have sanitized your hands with the sanitizer located within the hallway entering the office.
- We have one waiting room chair, designed for those who cannot stand for more than a minute or two. Please save that chair for someone in need. You will be taken quickly to your treatment rooms after your temperatures is taken. We designed this plan to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is essential to anyone entering the office. Please look for the station just inside our entry door.
- Your therapist will have hand sanitizer available for your use during your treatment, if requested, in addition to what is available outside the treatment areas.
- We have clearly displayed signage emphasizing social restrictions on distancing, coughing/sneezing etiquette, wearing masks and hand hygiene in all common areas, treatment rooms and bathrooms.
- We disinfect all treatment rooms and common areas three times a day as well as after every treatment. We are using FDA approved hydrogen peroxide wipes for cleaning and have the option to supplement with alcohol wipes or Chlorox wipes. We disinfect the bathrooms frequently and as you will note there are signs in the restrooms indicating proper hygiene to flush the toilet. Sink faucets, towel dispensers and trash cans are automatic. Kick the base of the trash can to open the lid and wave your hand in front of the paper towel dispenser to activate.
We understand your hesitancy while being able to resume important medical care and we are happy to answer any questions you may have. We are here to be of assistance to you to achieve your goals and eliminate your symptoms. REST ASSURED WE ARE TAKING EVERY MEASURE WE CAN TO KEEP STAFF AND PATIENTS SAFE AND HEALTHY. YOU MAY ALSO CHOOSE TO MEET YOUR THERAPIST OVER TELEMEDICINE. PLEASE LET THE KNOW THAT IS OF INTEREST TO YOU.
Let’s all work together to get through this pandemic – working as one makes us stronger!